By next year, international students will likely be able to move into the rebuilt Midi theater. Sixty-seven apartments are expected to become available.
Only a few weeks after a group of international students settled into the Prisma building on campus, plans for another out-of-the-ordinary student building is underway—the former Midi theater, in the heart of the city center.
It was long unclear what the purpose would be for the former theater building, which served as a cinema for years before it was demolished and replaced with a new building. Local newspaper Brabants Dagblad reports that the owner of the property is now in talks with a commercial party that wants to offer furnished 35-square feet apartments to international students.
The apartments are expected to be ready for occupancy in May 2020, just before a new wave of international students will flock to Tilburg University.
- The Rumour: new luxury residential complex for TiU’s international students
- How ten students are keeping thousands of internationals informed about the coronavirus
- Asian students are targeted by an outbreak of coronavirus discrimination
- Tilburg University groeit door
- Homeless internationals Alfred and Rishabh lived in tents: ‘We got through it together’
Volg ons op:
Facebook en Twitter. Want daar plaatsen we nog veel meer.
Schrijf je in voor onze nieuwsbrief
Gerelateerde Engelse artikelen
Tilburg has gained an apartment complex for international students. The smaller version of the…
For international students, staying informed about the latest coronavirus developments in our country can…
As the coronavirus spreads, so does anti-Asian discrimination. Tilburg University students from China, Taiwan…